Railroad Pass opened in 1931, making it the oldest continually operating casino in the entire state of Nevada. It is located between Henderson and Boulder City, so it is essentially a locals casino for Boulder City residents, as gambling is still illegal there.
Nevada's Longest Running Casino EST. 1500 Railroad Pass Casino Rd. Henderson, NV 89002. Based in the 1500 Railroad Pass Road Las Vegas (NV) - United States prestigious portion of the Railroad Pass Hotel and Casino, it gives you spacious rooms having a modern design.Each room provides you with an Television, free Wi-Fi and toiletries. Room solutions available one. Jul 01, 2016 Place a bet of $20 or more at the William Hill Sports Book inside Railroad Pass Casino and receive a coupon for a free hot dog or a free Budweiser draft beer at the Watch & Wager Bar inside Railroad Pass Casino! Railroad Pass- Free Hot dog or Budweiser draft beer Promotion Friday, July 1,.
Railroad Pass is located near the new interchange of Interstate 11 and US 93, which makes it difficult to access the property. There is a new exit specifically for the casino and other businesses on the property. However, it is not nearly as convenient as the easy in, easy out days of when there was a traffic signal in front of Railroad Pass.
165 reviews of Railroad Pass Hotel, Casino & Travel Center 'Really cool hotel and casino. For the money and what it is, it's a cool spot. Very clean for a hotel being so old.' Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino - 1500 Railroad Pass Casino Rd., Henderson, Nevada 89002 - Rated 4 based on 448 Reviews 'We stayed there after being. Book Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino, Henderson on TripAdvisor: See 256 traveler reviews, 123 candid photos, and great deals for Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino, ranked #23 of 26 hotels in Henderson and rated 3 of 5 at TripAdvisor. Save money on your next stay in Henderson, NV with Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino. We offer the largest selection and the best coupons for hotels in Henderson.
There is nothing to do at Railroad Pass beyond gambling, dining, drinking and getting a hotel room. There are no amenities or entertainment options on the property – it is a simple gambling hall with a small hotel.
Gaming at Railroad Pass
The casino at Railroad Pass is very small, both in size and game selection. There are only six table games, and the pit is not open 24 hours a day.
There are two double deck blackjack tables. The dealer hits soft 17 and players may double down before and after splitting. The limits at these tables are $5-$200. There is also a six-deck shoe table with $3-$200 limits, and it has the same rules as the double deck game.
Double zero roulette is available with $2-$200 limits. Three Card Poker is spread with $5-$100 limits. Craps is offered with limits of $3-$200 and it offers double odds. The Field bet pays triple.
The best video poker at Railroad Pass is Loose Deuces Wild. It is available on many machines with denominations starting at a quarter and going up to $5. The only other playable video poker game we found at Railroad Pass is 99% Deuces Wild.
The video poker is mostly bland one-liners on Game King machines. There are a few Wheel Poker, Wheel Poker Deluxe, Ultimate X and Super Times Pay games. There are a handful of machines with three, five and ten-play video poker.
Player’s Junction Card
Railroad Pass uses the Player’s Junction card, which is used exclusively at this casino. Players earn one point for every $10 of coin-in and points may be converted into cash at a rate of 40 points for every dollar. This returns 0.25%. Players earn comps for dining and hotel at the same rate.
William Hill Sportsbook at Railroad Pass
The William Hill Sportsbook at Railroad Pass is located near the front entrance. Guests may make wagers off the board. There are also special weekly teaser and parlay cards during football season. This William Hill shop accepts deposits and withdrawals for the company’s mobile betting app.
Dining & Restaurants at Railroad Pass
DeSimone’s is the finer dining option at Railroad Pass. It is named after the casino owner, Joe DeSimone. It opens at 4 PM Thursday through Sunday. The menu consists of steaks, seafood, prime rib, chicken, seafood, appetizers, soups, salads and desserts. There is also a wine menu.
Box Car Buffet
The buffet at Railroad Pass is open for lunch and dinner Monday through Friday. On weekends, there is a brunch and dinner service. Lunch is from 11am to 3 PM. Dinner is from 4 PM to 7 PM. Weekend brunch is 8 AM to 3 PM. Lunch is $9.99. Dinner is $11.99 on weeknights. Friday nights offer crab legs. The price is $19.99. Saturday and Sunday dinner service spreads prime rib for $13.99.
Iron Rails Café
Iron Rails Café is open 24 hours a day. Breakfast is served 24 hours a day with a typical casino café menu. The lunch and dinner menu options include salads, sandwiches, burgers, prime rib and other entrees. There is a special graveyard menu available.
Railroad Pass Hotel
There are 120 hotel rooms at Railroad Pass that are made up of three room types. The base room is the standard queen and measures 350 square feet. There is a deluxe with two queens at 500 square feet. A large king room comes in at 650 square feet.
All rooms at Railroad Pass come with free WiFi, in-room coffee, a mini-fridge, flat screen television, hair dryer and ironing board. Rooms are available in smoking and nonsmoking. There is a $6 nightly resort fee.
Big Six Wheel
Crazy 4 Poker
Flushes Gone Wild
Four Card Poker
High Card Flush
Let It Ride
Railroad Pass Casino & Hotel
Three Card Poker
Ultimate Texas Hold'em
|Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino|
|Location||Henderson, Nevada, U.S.|
|Address||1500 Railroad Pass Casino Road|
|Opening date||August 1, 1931; 88 years ago|
|No. of rooms||120|
|Total gaming space||12,803 sq ft (1,189 m2)|
|Previous names||Railroad Pass Club (1931)|
Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino, named after nearby Railroad Pass, is a hotel and casino located in Henderson, Nevada.
The casino has 12,803 square feet (1,189 m2) of gaming space, with 309 slot machines and 6 table games, and a William Hill sports and race book.
The property is sited in the far southeast corner of the city of Henderson, where it meets the northwestern portion of Boulder City, and is sandwiched between Boulder Highway (US 93/US 95) and the currently (since 1998) orphaned portion of the Boulder City spur on the Union Pacific Railroad's Henderson branch line. The initial phase of the Nevada Department of Transportation's Boulder City Bypass highway project will reconnect those tracks after relocating and upgrading this portion of the Boulder Highway to full freeway status as part of I-11 by 2018, with a new traffic interchange and a dedicated access road maintaining full connectivity to this casino/hotel.
The trailhead for the River Mountains Loop Trail is adjacent to the casino. The original junction of highways 93 and 95 was also once located in front of the property, before the present-day interchange between these two routes was constructed about one mile to the east in Boulder City.
The casino opened on August 1, 1931. Railroad Pass Club was the third casino licensed in the state of Nevada and holds license number #4 under its latest name. The casino was popular among Boulder Dam construction workers who lived in Boulder City, where alcohol and gambling were prohibited.
Railroad Pass Casino Restaurant
Bob Verchota purchased Railroad Pass in 1975, and began a modernization of the property. In 1985, Verchota sold it to Michael Ensign, William Richardson, and David Belding, owners of the nearby Gold Strike Casino. Railroad Pass became part of their company, Gold Strike Resorts. A five-story, 120-room hotel began construction in 1986, and was opened on January 8, 1987, making Railroad Pass the first Henderson hotel to have more than 100 rooms. Dining areas and a gift shop were also expanded.
Railroad Pass became part of Circus Circus Enterprises (later Mandalay Resort Group), which purchased Gold Strike Resorts in 1995, and then MGM Mirage (later MGM Resorts International), which acquired Mandalay in 2005.
In September 2014, MGM agreed to sell Railroad Pass  to Joseph DeSimone, a Henderson-based real estate broker and developer. The sale was completed in April 2015. The casino was operated by Marcus Suan for several months, until DeSimone obtained a gaming license.
- ^'Railroad Pass Casino'. A2Z Las Vegas. Retrieved August 1, 2011.
- ^'News at 6'. KLAS-TV. August 1, 2011.
- ^Mark Hall-Patton (July 28, 2011). 'Mining claims foundation of Railroad Pass'. Boulder City Review. Retrieved July 28, 2011.
- ^Nonrestricted Square Footage Report (Report). Nevada Gaming Control Board. January 11, 2017. p. 8. Retrieved 2017-06-22.
- ^Nonrestricted Count Report (Report). Nevada Gaming Control Board. April 13, 2017. pp. 32–33. Retrieved 2017-06-22.
- ^Location Details - Railroad Pass Casino - Race Book and Sports Pool (Report). Nevada Gaming Control Board. Retrieved 2017-06-22.
- ^'Boulder City Bypass Phase I'. NDOT. Retrieved January 27, 2012.
- ^ abcdJane Ann Morrison (July 28, 2011). 'Historic Railroad Pass Casino's amenities include ghost, safe and profits'. Boulder City Review. Retrieved 2011-07-28.
- ^ abc'Railroad Pass Hotel's grand opening Thursday, Friday'. Henderson Home News. January 6, 1987. pp. 1–2. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- ^David Kelley (September 12, 1985). 'Ex-Dunes worker to work at Nugget'. Reno Gazette-Journal. UPI. – via Newspapers.com (subscription required)
- ^Kathryn Jones (March 21, 1995). 'Circus Circus agrees to buy Gold Strike, casino owner'. New York Times. Retrieved 2017-06-22.
- ^Dickensheets, Scott (May 1, 1986). 'Railroad Pass to add hotel'. Henderson Home News. pp. 1–2. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- ^'Everyone Is Invited'. Henderson Home News. January 8, 1987. p. 1. Retrieved October 9, 2018.
- ^'Circus Circus-Buy -2-: Ensign Named Vice Chmn, Oper Chief'. Dow Jones News Service. June 1, 1995. – via Factiva (subscription required)
- ^Rod Smith (April 26, 2005). 'MGM scales top of heap'. Las Vegas Review-Journal. – via Factiva (subscription required)
- ^Form 10-K: Annual Report (Report). MGM Resorts International. March 2, 2015. p. 76. Retrieved 2015-04-06 – via EDGAR.
- ^Arnold M. Knightly (September 5, 2014). 'Developer buying Railroad Pass from MGM'. Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 2014-09-07.
- ^J.D. Morris (April 1, 2015). 'MGM Resorts finalizes sale of Railroad Pass'. Vegas Inc. Retrieved 2015-04-06.
- ^J.D. Morris (July 23, 2015). 'Railroad Pass owner approved to run historic casino'. Vegas Inc. Retrieved 2020-01-04.
Coordinates: 35°58′21″N114°54′43″W / 35.9725°N 114.9119°W
Retrieved from 'https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Railroad_Pass_Casino&oldid=934140355'